Knowledge of battery safety is essential in vaping, particularly removable batteries. Here are some of the fundamental points when using external batteries to achieve a safer vaping experience.
- When not in use, always store batteries in a suitable protective case. This helps them from contacting each other which can cause a hazard.
- Never use a battery which is damaged or features a damaged wrap. The risk just isn’t worth taking.
- Try always to keep your batteries at a normal room temperature and never exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures. Exposure to heat can cause a reaction in your batteries which will reduce their charge in the short term.
- Always purchase batteries from a trusted source like Vape Club. Counterfeit batteries have a much higher risk of becoming faulty and causing harm.
- This is an obvious one but never allow batteries to come into contact with water.
- When charging, never leave batteries unattended. The chances of risk are minimal but once again, it’s just not worth the risk.
- Don’t let loose batteries come into contact with anything metallic including spare change or keys. This usually happens when people shove batteries in their pockets without thinking, which can result in conductive materials colliding and causing a short circuit.
- Check your battery’s amp limits, particularly when attempting to partner it with a new device or tank. No one wants an incompatible battery as it could end up in an easily avoidable accident.